We adhere to strict AAHA guidelines to keep surgical patients safe
Many pet owners experience stress or anxiety at the prospect of having their beloved dog or cat undergo a surgical procedure, but at Premier Pet Care these feelings can be alleviated thanks to our excellent surgical team. We take every safety measure and precaution to ensure that all surgeries are performed with immaculate attention to detail and high regard for our patient’s comfort. We are equipped to provide both general and advanced surgeries with the same level of accuracy and success.
Here is an overview of our surgical process:
- Prior to any surgery we perform a physical examination, complete with pre-anesthetic bloodwork, to check your pet is healthy enough for both the procedure and anesthesia.
- A personalized anesthetic plan is designed for each surgical patient.
- During the surgery, a dedicated registered veterinary technician monitors the patient continuously while under the effects of anesthesia and administer pain relief accordingly
- Surgery is performed in a dedicated, sterile surgery suite.
- All patients going under general anesthesia are intubated and kept on oxygen throughout the procedure.
- Post surgery, we continue to monitor the patient’s pain level so they can wake up as comfortably as possible
Below are some of the most common surgeries we perform at Premier Pet Care:
- Mass removals
- Ophthalmic (eye) surgery
- Foreign body removal
- Bladder stone removal